Thursday, March 18, 2010

Russian Blintzes

Many people know about Russian blintzes (crepes) with caviar. This kind of blintzes is not so popular in Russia. So let me introduce you real “blintzes” from Russia.

On the picture you can see blintzes with ground beef filling which I made by myself. I am not a good cook, so don't ask me to prepare them for you :-) As perogi and dumplings, blintzes can be with different fillings: ground beef, sweet cottage cheese (these two are my favorite fillings), chicken, different berries, and so on. You can put inside of blintzes whatever you want (almost). Moreover, often we don’t put any filling inside of blintzes, and eat them dipping in something like strawberry or cherry preserves, sweet condensed milk, honey, sour cream. You can use maple syrup in Canada to dip your blintzes in.

In Russia, we have a net of kiosks in big cities that sell hot blintzes all around the cities. I think, this is an excellent business. Equipment for these kiosks is not expensive and easy for use. It is very quick and easy to make blintzes. Besides, they have many different fillings prepared ahead. So, in 3-5 minutes you can receive hot, just made blintzes with filling that you like. I want to say that although this net of blintz’ kiosks works very well in Russia, I am not sure it will work in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment